2022 Year in Review
Plus a glimpse into 2023
Ok..What a year.
It’s been one of the best and toughest of my entire life. Some incredibly good things happened, I accomplished some important goals, but was also reminded that “the struggle is real” and one must earn what it is they want most in life, pay for mistakes and when shit happens, to get up and move on.
November was one of the most psychologically challenging in my life, and I found myself in quite a dark place. Darker than perhaps I’d ever experienced in my life, for reasons I shall not get into here, but that I will one day write about.
One of the realisations coming out of that, was the wisdom in maturity and privacy. I put myself “out there” a lot in 2020 and 2021. This garnered me attention, but it was often the kind I didn’t need. In 2022, I doubled down on this, often-abrasive, behaviour and once again, it done me no favours.
My thinking was that in order to defeat “clown world” we must ridicule it into oblivion, and who knows..since Musk took over Twitter, perhaps the tide has changed…but I now see the flaw in my reasoning.
Giving clown world energy, actually feeds it.
My strategy moving forward is to ignore clown world. I’ve begun unfollowing, muting, blocking and simply ignoring everything and everyone, whether I agree with them or not, who is talking about the madness going on. Quite frankly, I don’t care who wants to be boosted, injected, have 12 genders or whatever anymore.
I will maybe check in once every few months incase there is something that *really* pertains to me, but other than that, my focus will be on acting, and no longer re-acting.
There is much to say here, but I’ll save these thoughts for 2023 and you will hear them weaved into the new focus + tonality of the content I produce.
My content will be far more educational, less opinionated and more long-form nuanced.
Quick recap of 2022
Much happened. But a shortlist below:
- Got Married
- Travelled Europe
- Published the best selling; UnCommunist Manifesto. If you’ve got value from any of my work, you can get a copy on Amazon.
- Landed on Alex Jones, which you can watch here
- Published the Austrian Edition of The Bitcoin Times, with Saifedean, Bitstein, Pierre Rochard and others. You can see that here.
- Published my 100th Episode of the Wake Up Podcast
- Published 20 or more long form essays with Bitcoin Magazine.
- I read a number of great books, of which the highlights where “The Wall Speaks” by Jerr, “Bushido” by Inazo Nitobe, “Warrior Ethos” by Steven Pressfield.
- I listened to almost 50 audiobooks. Too many to list, but the best that come to mind are: “The Virtues of War” by Steven Pressfield (honestly the best thing of the year), Shantaram, The Courtney series by Wilbur Smith, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress by Robert Heinlein and the Atilla series by William Napier. Enjoy!
- I began reading a bunch on Substack and my favourite newsletter / publication has been Resavager, which you can find here.
There’s much more of course, but that’s my business.
2023. The year ahead
Much happening next year.
- I’m going to end the Wake Up Podcast. 100 episodes is enough. I’ll be back at some point, but it will be a new podcast with a new feel and a new direction.
- I’m getting off Medium and moving everything across to Substack.
I will write more frequently there and explore in greater details the things I’ve been thinking about and their implications on life. I haven’t created the publication on there, but you can find and follow my profile here.
- I’m going to minimise my twitter usage and engagement. I will be writing threads and exploring nuance, and doing so via a scheduling tool off-twitter, that way I’m not sucked into its vortex of hysteria.
- You will see my online persona change from toxic and opinionated to educational and detached. A quote that really stuck with me recently was “A high value man keeps his opinions to himself”. I intend to practice and embody this moving forward.
- I will be publishing The Bitcoin Times: Energy Edition. Writers and launch dates TBA, but I’ll keep you posted on Substack.
- I would like to publish a “Remnant” book. This is a stretch goal, so I shall keep you posted on Substack.
- I will begin reading Nietzsche this year, alongside Evola and some more Spengler. There’s so much here to learn.
- I’m working on a new book. It’s 50% finished and I plan to hand it to Bitcoin Magazine, the publisher by February so we can do a Kickstarter and Bitcoin crowdfund campaign. I’ll let you know about that too. In the meantime, here is a synopsis of the book:
Thankyou all for the support over the years. It’s truly meant a lot.
Wishing you all the best for 2023.
You can learn more about what I’m working on here:
Aleks Svetski | Linktree
Author, Speaker, Entrepreneur. Bitcoin, Philosophy, Frame, Psychology, History
The UnCommunist Manifesto
Mark Moss and I recently co-authored, what may be one of the most important books of our era; The UnCommunist Manifesto.
Get yourself a copy and find out more here:
UnCommunist Manifesto Book
The Communist Manifesto was written over 174 years ago and has created an ideology that just won’t go away. Despite a…
The Bitcoin Times
A once-per year, publication bringing together the best minds in Bitcoin and adjacent fields.
Edition 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 are available for download now FREE
Wake Up Podcast
I run the Wake Up Podcast, which examines Bitcoin, economics, philosophy and a slew of other adjacent and seemingly non-adjacent ideas and concepts.
We’re available on all podcasting platforms.
Our current home page is on Anchor.
Blog on Bitcoin Magazine
I write monthly for Bitcoin Magazine. You can find my entire series of articles and essays here: